The Fully Transparent, Completely Public Diet. Please Watch.
October 29, 2010 1 Comment
After all the posts here about tools to use to diet, I’ve decided to take the plunge. My daughter’s bat mitzvah is in early February, and I like to take some weight off to look good in the family photos. Unfortunately, I’ve hovered around the same weight for the past few months and need to find something else to help.
The bat mitzvah is roughly 14 weeks away. So, I’ve decided to lose 13 pounds in the next 13 weeks – to go from 193.2 to 180.2. I’m going to use all the tools I’ve cited on this blog, and I’m going to make everything public.
- I have entered into a new contract at Stickk.com. I commit to losing 1 pound a week for 13 weeks. If I miss a week, I will give $100 per charity for each week. You can support me and follow my progress on Stickk.com here.
- I am using my Wi-Fi connected Withings scale and tweeting and Facebooking my weight daily. You can also view my weight chart here through Withings.com.
- I am exercising often and, when I run, I’m tweeting and Facebooking my results using the Nike+ GPS app on the iPhone 4. If you want more info, you can register at NikeOnline and “friend” me there to see my results.
- I am tracking what I eat through Lose It! and, like Brian Stelter, I’ll be tweeting what I eat every day as a tracking mechanism.
- I will also be posting pictures on a weekly basis on this blog. The first ones are up.
Tell me how you are doing on your program and what works for you through comments or twitter responses. Offer advice to others who follow me, and I’ll retweet them out.
We’ll see how it goes. Next stop is 192.2 by next Thursday.